Monday, April 30, 2012

Thank You!


A great big "Thank You!" to the generous donors (Steve, Barbara, Cortney, Robert and Todd) who funded our project through DonorsChoose.

The Create Your Own Planet books have arrived and are a big hit.

As part of the thank you package DonorsChoose asks teachers to take pictures of the students enjoying the materials.  I thought it would be fun to take a group shot with the children holding up letters spelling out our message and proudly displaying the books.

Before the picture was taken I asked the kids to smile.  Boy, did they smile! Some of them look a little crazed.  The little girl on the bottom left is mad because she wanted to hold up a letter instead of a book.  Two children had to cover their faces because their parents did not sign the permission slips allowing them to be photographed.  Someone was absent.

It's always something.  But this is the stuff that cracks me up and keeps things interesting.

Click on the photo to embiggen.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Cute! I'm glad the books arrived and the kids are excited -- if maybe a little TOO excited. :) I also love your interplanetary decor! Have fun with this project!

Ms.M said...

Oh that picture is precious! The girl holding the U is my favorite. Cracks me up every time. Proof that smiling is a learned skill. LOL

Ms. M

Gary said...

Steve - I really need to take a picture that shows the magical universe that IS our classroom. We have all the planets hanging from the lights and a huge sun in addition to a mobile of the solar system. The Create Your Own Planet books are a perfect fit for this environment.

Ms. M. - It cracked me up to look at the picture when I got home and notice all the HAPPY faces. I had no idea as I sat posing with the books that all that was happening! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails